The Benton McKaye Trail is a completely different animal than the Pinhoti. This one is much easier to follow and very clearly blazed. Just as well. I had no map or guidebook, just a mileage chart I got off the internet. I often had no way of knowing where I was or how far I had travelled since the landmarks along the ridgeline were hard to nail down conclusively. I had some rain at the beginning and some snow at the end. The best part was feeling the excitement approaching the Appalachian Trail.
There weren't a whole lot of stunning views or features. It was just a nice walk through some particularly beautiful and wild woods. I did most of my resupply at a small town along the Toccoa River and at another country store just off the trail. Probably the most fun was actually walking in the snow. It was light enough that it didn't make the going heavy and substantial enough to give the woods a magical quality to it. It was my last full day on the Pinhoti